Vertical gardening with LEYLANDLATCHES
Vertical gardening with Leylandlatches.
The Leylandlatch is a plant pot hanger designed to fit standard terracotta pots like those in the picture. These pots are made of fired clay. Their rims fits into the top of the Leylandlatch and the side of the pot is supported by the lower part of the latch. These pots are available in a variety of shapes and sizes.
The Leylandlatch is sometimes called Leyland Latch, pot clip or clay pot hanger.
Here's why it's popular:-
1. The one-sized latch fits a wide range of pot sizes – from 9cm to 21cm. You don't need different sized hoops or clips for different sized pot size. Many of the traditional clay-pot styles from Italy will fit, including 'standard' (vasi), Azalea pots (mezzo-vasi), several ribbed bowls, bell pots, seed pans, half pots and some 'Long Toms. You can see several of these pot styles on the ideas pages. When you're buying pots take a Leylandlatch with you check the fit.
2. The latch is easy to install. One screw through the top – THAT'S IT!. (A non-rusting stainless steel screw is provided free with every Leylandlatch.)
3. Hang any type of pot on a vertical surface. Simply drop any pot into a standard terra-cotta pot (9 - 21cm), and slip it into a Leyland latch. You can plant directly into your clay pots or use them as a pot-holder for other pots, even cheap, unsightly or flimsy ons.
4. The latch is durable. It's made from thick, high quality resin, is precision moulded and contains UV light inhibitors to resist sun damage.
5. The clay pots are inexpensive and durable.
6. The Italian-made pots are widely available in New Zealand and most other countries.
7. The latches are inexpensive.
8. Leylandlatched pots serve many purposes. Bring boring walls to life. Grow lettuce and herbs at a convenient height. Cram a collection of succulents or bromeliads into a small space. Hold garden tools or soap near the tap. Jazz up some boring part of your garden with the Leyland latch Thingy.
9. Leylandlatches are almost invisible when in use. The pots and the plant almost always obscure the latch. Pots seem to be hanging in mid-air.
10. Leyland latches inspire creativity. Leylandlatches inspire creative gardeners and handy-persons. Visit the IDEAS pages for examples. Children love painting flower pots, give them a go.